Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well, I was heard after all

I received no response from the Head Librarian of Quezon City Public Library until now. How I wish they had an auto responder. It's of course comforting to know that your message has surely reached its destination. The apparent silence, though, didn't mean my complaint has not been heard. One time, I went again to Quezon City Public Library, Project 7 Branch (whose Librarian I had complained about), to use the computer. The Library was open; I came in, said good morning to the Librarian and asked for the computer. After eying me, the first thing I heard were the words, "I think you are the one who complained!" Without hesitation, I said, yes, I am! "Wait, I will check first if the computer is working," she announced. She then mumbled defensively: "It wasn't really working at that time you were here." So she would like to tell me, at that moment she had no idea if the computer was in good condition or not, which is of course a silly argument. Obviously, her demeanor was a sign of annoyance with what she thought as an intrusion in her domain, which is actually a right given to any citizen in this country.

Seeing me advancing towards the computer, she authoritatively instructed me to sit down first, while she turn it on, pointing to a series of chairs in front the wide reading table.

In one occasion, I came in again to use the computer in Quezon City's Head Office Library; there was a sort of briefing or meeting inside the computer room. They were just at my back, and their discussion was just an earshot. I heard a familiar voice; it was she, the Librarian who I complained. There she was telling them the story of that event; calling me a stubborn guy. Anyway, it doesn't matter whatever adjective she will attached to my action, I know I am doing the right thing. I was only glad that the personnel who is calling the meeting had emphasized to her and to the rest of the group as well, to post an informative message on the door rather than simply pasting a closed sign. Yes, I truly appreciated his good advice, because without furnishing a relevant information would only leave the visitors perplexed of what's going on, and when to come back -- an inconvenience indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...