Friday, October 23, 2009

Hello? Are you there?

Here in the Philippines when communicating with the use of cell phones, we usually used text messages in view of their low costs compared to calls.


When I sent a message and got no reply, instantly, I was anxious what could have happened. To receive a couple of letters like “OK” or even just “K” is enough already to settle my worrying mind. We humans need confirmation – and this is an instinctual matter.


I have brought up this issue since, for the past few months, I had sent emails to government institutions but to my disappointment received no response at all. I am not saying that they are not working or reading my request/message; perhaps they do.


With private agencies, I have not experienced this one. There is at least a message of some kind that reached to my inbox. So, I am suggesting that it is better to install an auto responder, so there’s no forgetting.


When I was a young adult, I wrote to the then President, Corazon C. Aquino – few months later, I got an acknowledgement card from Malacanang. Oh! There was no enough space to stash my joy inside my heart, taking into account that the card has traveled a long way – from Manila to Mindanao – where I lived.


If they couldn’t response to an email these days, Oh! How I wish to go back to the olden days where there’s no other option than a snail mail but, most likely, people will find time to reply.

----------------------------------

NOTE: Just as I was already losing hope of hearing from Malacanang regarding my complaint sent to them, there it was, in my inbox, a message from Secretary Cabral of DSWD Malacanang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...