Thursday, October 8, 2009

Project 7 Public Library -- a complaint

Below is a copy of my complaint sent to the head librarian of Quezon City Public Library.

MS. EMILETA L. VILLANUEVA
Head Librarian
Quezon City Public Library


Dear Ma'am:

This is a complaint against the public service of  Quezon city public library, project 7 branch, located at Bansalangin corner Palomaria Sts., Brgy. Veterans Village Project 7 Q. C. Philippines.

The first time I went there was Oct. 01, 2009, Thursday, 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon, as I can remember; the library was closed. There was no other notice posted on the door aside from the word "closed." From a nearby store, I learned that a relative of the library staff had died. The next day, Oct. 02, Friday, I went there again; this time, I was there at 1:00 P.M., since 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM is lunch break -- still, I saw and experienced the same thing -- no one was there.

Since the library is closed on Saturdays, I had my third visit in the afternoon of Oct. 05, Monday; the sign "open" could now be seen on the door, but still no one was there. I asked a barangay staff, I was told the librarian, might be in Quezon City Hall. The following day, I went again, 8:00 o'clock in the morning; luckily, the librarian was there and I was able to used the computer -- the library has two of them. Two days later, I went again,  the librarian told me, the computers were broken or not working. Well, it's easy to wonder, how come those two computers had malfunctioned simultaneously -- or it could be something else.

Now, my point here, is that, if ever the staff has really to leave, in an emergency, a notice should be posted somewhere to inform the would-be visitors.

Normally, I think any public institution should never be left unattended (closed)  during a working period. Lack of man power could never be a valid reason, since there's, of course, a lot of people who can take the staff's position during his/her absence for convenience.

Like in my case, you can just imagine my utter disappointment to find my first three consecutive visits fruitless, taking into account that I have to walk an hour just to reach the library, but only to find it closed.

I only hope that you understand my sentiment.

SINCERELY YOURS
MR. ANSELMO MALUGAO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...